Police Search Northeast Philadelphia Home In Connection To ‘Basement Of Horror’ Case
Get Breaking News First
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – CBS 3 has learned Philadelphia detectives searched the basement and garage of a Northeast Philadelphia home this afternoon, looking for possible evidence that may link the 2005 death of a 59-year-old woman to alleged basement of horror suspects Linda Ann Weston and three others.
CBS 3 has confirmed police believe the woman, whose death was initially ruled natural, was in the care of, and possibly captivity of, Linda Ann Weston, Gregory Thomas, Eddie Wright and Jean McIntosh, Weston’s daughter.
In addition to searching the basement and garage of the Northeast Philadelphia home, Eyewitness News has learned the autopsy report of the 59-year-old woman is now being reviewed to determine if it could possibly be case of homicide. The death would be the first death in Philadelphia possibly linked to the suspects. Another death in Virginia of a woman who was possibly in Weston’s care is also under review.
Neighbors tell CBS 3 that back in 2005, they saw a number of children and adults coming and going from the row home. A person who has rented that home since 2007 says he was told by detectives they are investigating a death at that location. The home is located approximately one mile away from the Tacony apartment building where four mentally challenged adults were found malnourished and locked in the basement.
Police have no official comment on the latest developments.
Watch Eyewitness at 5 and 6 for the latest on this story.
Reported by Walt Hunter, CBS 3
‘Basement Of Horror’ Coverage
- READ:Wide Gag Order Issued
- READ:Preliminary Hearing Set
- READ:Former Neighbor Of Linda Weston Searching For “Little L”
- READ: Grandparents of Rescued Kids Will Seek Custody
- READ: 4th Suspect Arrested In Tacony ‘Dungeon’ Case
- READ: Understanding The ‘Basement Of Horror’ Case
- READ: Exclusive: Brother Of ‘Basement Of Horror’ Suspect Describes History Of Violence
- READ: Police Commissioner Creating Task Force To Probe Philadelphia Captivity Case
- READ: Exclusive: Victims Describe Horrific Basement Captivity
- READ: Missing Florida Teen Found In Philadelphia, Linked To Basement Captive Case
- PHOTOS: 4 Adults, 6 Children In Custody In Connection With ‘Basement Of Horror’ Case
- READ: 3 Charged After 4 Disabled Adults Found Locked In Tacony ‘Dungeon’