By Jim Donovan: If you have a child that will soon be heading off to college, or maybe your friends or family members are in that boat, the folks at The Priceton Review have just released their annual survey of the best colleges in the U.S.
122,000 students at 376 top colleges rated their schools on dozens of topics and reported on their campus experiences. The 80-question survey asked students about their school’s academics, administration, campus life, student body, and themselves.
Those students reported that the best professors are at Wellesley College (MA). Florida Southern College (FL) has the most beautiful campus while Wheaton College (IL) serves the best campus food, and Bryn Mawr College (PA) has the best dorms. However, the college at which students reported the most satisfaction with their financial aid – the issue parents may care most about – is Swarthmore College (PA).
Other ranking lists in the book and #1 colleges on them are:
• Best Administered Colleges – Washington University in St. Louis (MO)
• Best Career Services – University of Florida
• Best Health Services – University of California-Los Angeles
• Most Conservative Students – Hillsdale College (MI)
• Most Liberal Students – Macalester College (MN)
• Most Politically Active Students – George Washington University (DC)
• Least Religious Students – Bennington College (VT)
• Happiest Students – Rice University (TX)
• Lots of Race/Class Interaction– Loyola University-New Orleans (LA)
• LGBT-Friendly – New York University (NY)
• Best Town-Gown Relations – Clemson University (SC)
• Top Stone-Cold Sober Schools – Brigham Young University (UT)
• Top Party Schools – Ohio University-Athens
• Everyone Plays Intramural Sports – Pennsylvania State University
• Students Pack the Stadium – University of Notre Dame (IN)
• Best Athletic Facilities – Georgia Institute of Technology
For more information visit: http://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings.aspx