NOW LIVE: Eyewitness News

Young Child Shot, Killed In Kensington Section Of Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia homicide detectives are questioning a number of witnesses as they investigate the fatal shooting of a four-year-old boy in his Kensington home.

A neighbor was trying to give first aid to the victim when police arrived at the house in the 600 block of Clementine Street at about 4:30 p.m. They rushed him to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, but he died a short time later.

Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey says there are a lot of unanswered questions.

“There’s no gun on the scene, there’s no evidence that the shot came from outside, it’s an indoor scene.”

Ramsey says the boy’s parents were both at home and are being questioned. He was confident detectives will be able to identify the shooter.

Watch the Video …

“Any shooting or homicide is tragic, but it’s even more tragic when it’s a youngster. The child hadn’t even started to live yet, basically defenseless, and they wind up dead. That’s why it’s important we find out who’s responsible as quickly as possible,” Ramsey explained.

No suspects have been identified.

Reported by Pat Loeb, KYW Newsradio, Valerie Levesque, CBS 3

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Comments

1. So says:

I hope its an accident but if its not I hope they find the person that is responsible. That boy didn’t even get to experience life and someone took that away from him.

2. PHILLYGURL says:

I ALWAYS ASK MYSELF,WHY DO THESE ADULTS ACT SO IRRESPONSIBLE WHEN IT COMES TO GUN AND CHILDREN.. AND IF IT WAS AN ACCIDENT WHERE IS THE GUN?? LIKE IS THEY FOR REAL??

3. PHILLYGURL says:

THIS IS KENSINGTON PARENTS..

4. UNREAL says:

This will NEVER CHANGE people! This is a daily occurrence with these ANIMALS!! It’s not the guns’ fault and trying to ban guns from everyone will not fix it either. These thugs will still be able to get their weapons, illegally, from underground sources. The only way these depressed areas will change for the better is by exterminating the influence that surrounds them. Sad to say but it’s TRUE

5. Aaron says:

Guns, guns, guns, when will it come to an end, having weapons around children!

1. Bob says:

I have guns in my home, and a child. Difference is, my son knows they are not toys. The guns are not the problem, it’s the irresponsible gun owners.

6. larry says:

For humanity’s sake, I’m really hoping this was accidental. I know it’s Kensington, but still.

Comments are closed.