Rydal Man Enlisting Colleges In STD Status Sharing Service

RYDAL, Pa. (CBS) – A Montgomery County man is at a healthcare conference in Phoenix this week, launching a website designed to allow people to discreetly share their STD testing results with their partners.

“Only you can share your information,” says 23-year-old founder Ayal Feinberg of Rydal.

You can hear Karin Phillips’ interview with Ayal Feinberg in this CBS Philly ‘On Your Health’ podcast…

Feinberg says his U Should Know website is a confidential on-line STD status sharing service that allows college students and others to share the results of their sexually transmitted disease testing with their partners.

Feinberg says his research shows that STD’s are a major problem on college campuses, “I don’t believe our generation responds to 60-year-old women putting to condoms on bananas.  I don’t believe a poster full of scary statistics works either.  Technology, smart phones and Internet: this is my generation.”

Feinberg says he hopes to enlist the support of over 1,400 college healthcare providers at this week’s conference of the American College Health Association in Phoenix.

Reported by Karin Phillips, KYW Newsradio 1060

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Comments

1. Dan Vernon says:

I am 30 years old, single and never thought about testing for CTD. This is a great idea. I signed snd downloaded the test form.It was very esy and took less than 2 min. Realy $10 is inexpensive.
    Dan V. .

2. Will says:

I was actually kind of skeptical and thought this would be an amateur effort, but I just went on their website and I have to say it looks really good, and is really simple to navigate. I’m gonna tell my friends about this.

3. Joe says:

This is a great idea Ayal. It really seams that you will do well and help a lot of people in the process

4. Boris C. says:

I ABSOLUTELY liked listening to this interview. Haha. Eloquent guy. Says Absolutely a lot. I guess he is very sure of his product…

5. Ferdinand Arrundel says:

I have always felt that the rampancy of STD in America, namely in college settings, has been exactly for the reason Mr. Feinberg is describing, namely the inability for PSAs and posters to connect to a rapidly moving generation. The concept of somewhat guaranteed safety being presented on a mobile device in under a minute is something that, I believe, will sit quite nicely with any member of Generation Y members, let alone sexually active Gen Y members. Overall, a novel concept. Well done.

6. SHARI says:

AS A SCHOOL NURSE I AM THRILLED TO FINALLY SEE A WEB SITE ADDRESSING THIS VERY IMPORTANT HEALTH CARE CONCERN .WHAT A GREAT WEB SITE AND CONCEPT. I SINCERELY HOPE PEOPLE SIGN UP ASAP.

7. Rachel W. says:

Although I think there might be some kinks to iron out when this goes really live, the idea is of the simplest, most incredible, progressive things I have heard about in a while. Good work.

8. Mike says:

MR. Feinberg :

I used a datting service and I think it can be a very good idea for them to use your service.

1. Ayal says:

Mike:

I absolutely agree with you. Even though this site has been live for only a week we’ve reached out to some dating services. Hopefully with enough pressure from daters – or enough daters already using UShouldKnow.com – we can get dating sites to institute our service as an option on their websites. Thank you for your suggestion and please share UShouldKnow.com with your friends!

9. John says:

Great Ideqa ! This is very important helth care issue that no one feels comfortable to talk about .
    John

10. Bill S. says:

Just goes to prove that all the Anti-Christian bias leads to situational ethics and now they want to not be embarrassed about their foolish life style of drinking and sex really has consequences. I guess it’s still ok to do something as long as it don’t hurt anybody? Oh wait a minute………….

Comments are closed.