Tale Of The Tape: Jimmy Rollins Vs. Chase Utley
- Age35 (currently in 15th season)35 (currently in 12th season)
- Career NumbersIn 2,108 games played Rollins has 2,238 hits and a .268/.328/.425 slash line. Rollins has 436 career stolen bases and 1,095 career strikeouts. He also has 467 career doubles, 109 triples, 858 RBI's, and 207 home runs.In 1,388 games player Utley has 1,487 hits and a .288/373/.497 slash line. Utley has 130 career stolen bases, 875 strikeouts, 322 doubles, 45 triples, 840 RBI's, and 222 home runs.
- AccomplishmentsRollins is a 3x All-Star, the 2007 NL MVP, a 4x Gold Glover, a Silver Slugger, the 2001 NL stolen base champ, the Phillies all-time hits leader, and a 2008 World Series champion.Utley is a 5x All-Star, a 4x Silver Slugger, on the Sports Illustrated MLB All-Decade team, and a 2008 World Series champion.
- Signature MomentGame 4 of the 2009 NLCS, with the Phillies down 4-3 and runners on 1st and 2nd with two-outs in the bottom of the 9th, Rollins ripped a walk-off double in the right-center field gap. The Phils took a 3-1 series lead and eventually went on to lose in the 2009 World Series.It was game 5 of the 2008 World Series (part 2) with the game tied 3-3 and a runner on 2nd with two-outs in the top of the 7th. A ground ball was hit up the middle, and with a fast runner at the plate, Utley faked a throw home and got the base runner--trying to go from 2nd to home--at the plate for the third out of the inning.
- Signature QuoteRollins proclaimed the Phillies the "team to beat" in a January interview before the 2007 season.2008 World Series parade: "World Champions. World BLEEPING Champions!"
I still can't decide! Both are Philadelphia sports legends and both will be loved forever.