Sponsor Provided Content
Ingredients: (Makes 10 Stuffed Peppers)
5 small bell peppers, halved and seeded
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ lb ground turkey
½ Cup non-fat ricotta cheese
½ Cup Parmesan cheese
1 Cup Part-Skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 Carrot, peeled, chopped small
½ White Onion, chopped small
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Cup Brown Rice, cooked
3 Tablespoons Basil, minced
2 Cups Marinara Sauce
½ Cup Water
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a medium pot over high heat with oil.
- Add turkey, carrots, onions, and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until turkey is cooked through.
- In a large bowl mix together rice, ricotta cheese, ¼ Cup parmesan, basil, pinch of salt and pepper. Mix in turkey mixture.
- Place marinara sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish along with water.
- Place bell pepper halves skin side down.
- Spoon about ¼ Cup of turkey and cheese mixture into each pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top each stuffed pepper with mozzarella and parmesan cheese place uncovered in oven and bake until cheese is melted and golden brown. (Or can place under broiler to make it faster!)
- Calories: 193
- Calories from Fat: 56
- Protein: 13 gm
- Carbohydrates: 22 gm