CARNEY’S POINT TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) — An investigation is underway in Salem County after a child died at a motel. The 7-year-old girl suffered a cardiac arrest at the Friendship Motor Inn in Carney’s Point Township Friday night.READ MORE: Several People Rescued, Cars Stranded Following Overnight Storms And Flash Flooding Across Region
She was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
On Saturday morning, police responded to the motel again for a well-being check, when four children and two adults tested positive for carbon monoxide.READ MORE: Tredyffrin/Easttown School District Meeting On New Race Curriculum Draws Full House
Officials say they are going to be okay.MORE NEWS: Philadelphia Police Officer Opens Fire On 2 Armed Men In West Mount Airy
The medical examiner has ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning as a cause of death for the 7-year-old.