Follow CBSPHILLY Facebook  | Twitter

TRAINER, Pa. (CBS) — Five contractors were hospitalized following a chemical exposure at an energy plant in Delaware County on Wednesday morning. Hazmat crews were dispatched to Monroe Energy LLC on the 4100 block of Post Road in Trainer around 10 a.m.

According to Delaware County Emergency Services Director Timothy Boyce, five people are being treated for injuries sustained from an exposure to a chemical release.

Monroe Energy has their own response team containing the chemical release, decontaminating the injured and cleaning up the scene.

The energy company says there is no hazmat and no leak and that the contractors were transported to a local hospital as a precautionary measure.

In a statement, Monroe Energy said that a hose malfunctioned, causing “hydrocarbon vapors containing a small amount of hydrofluoric acid” to emit.

“Our on-site Emergency Response Team was immediately activated, deploying multiple emergency response resources to isolate the hose involved. The contract employees were evaluated and treated for possible exposure and transported to Crozer Hospital for further evaluation and monitoring in accordance with established protocols. Within 30 minutes, the situation was deemed under control,” the energy company said.

There was no risk to the community.

The injuries are not life-threatening.