BUCKS COUNTY, Pa. (CBS) – The shelter in place is over, but the investigation continues after a hazmat situation in Plumsteadville Township.READ MORE: Gasoline Shortage Appears To Be Creeping Into Philadelphia Region As Colonial Pipeline Resumes Operations
Fire crews were called to Airgas, a business that specializes in industrial, medical and specialty gas products, around 7 Monday morning. The business is located on the 6100 block of Easton Road.
According to the company a cylinder at the facility leaked, releasing fluorine into a contained room with a scrubber system. As first responders worked with employees to secure the leaking cylinder valve they called for residents within a half mile of the property to shelter in place.READ MORE: Reports Of Explosions Following 2-Alarm House Fire In Chester
Once the valve was secured the shelter in place was lifted around 10 a.m.
One Airgas employee was sent to the hospital for observation and released.
“Our associates worked alongside authorities and emergency responders to safely contain the cylinder leak and clear the incident,” Airgas said in a statement. “An investigation into the incident will be conducted. Airgas’ top priority is the safety of our associates, customers, and the communities in which we operate.”MORE NEWS: Police Standoff Ends In Holmesburg With Armed Woman Taken Into Custody
The situation is under control, officials say any possible public danger appears to be over and people can go about business as usual.