WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A fire that destroyed a home in Hockessin, Delaware on Wednesday evening was accidental, authorities said.

The blaze broke out shortly after 5:00 p.m. in the 100 block of Neptune Drive in the North Star development off of North Star Road. Firefighters arrived with flames shooting through the roof.

READ MORE: Trevor Noah To Host 'The 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards' On CBS

Smoke filled the home and flames eventually broke through the roof. Seven occupants escaped without injury.

READ MORE: 'Video Music Box' Founder, Hip Hop Influencer Ralph McDaniels Shares His Journey In New Showtime Documentary: 'This Music Is Really Powerful'

Heavy fire damage was estimated to exceed $300,000. Three adults and four children have been displaced because of the amount of fire damage. The American Red Cross provided emergency assistance to the family.

MORE NEWS: What We Know About 17-Year-Old Latif Williams, Wanted For Murder Of Temple Student Samuel Collington

Deputy fire marshals were called to the scene to conduct the investigation. It was determined the fire was caused by faulty electrical wiring.