PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A little girl burns her hands while making homemade slime.

Kathleen Quinn was taking part in a popular do-it-yourself project at her Massachusetts home.

READ MORE: Derek Chauvin Trial: Pennsylvania National Guard Activated To Philadelphia As Officials Prepare For Verdict

However, shortly afterwards she noticed her hands were in pain.

‘Devastating And Catastrophic Loss’: 33 Reptiles Mysteriously Die At Zoo

She said her skin felt “really hot and tingly.”

READ MORE: Keith Campbell Sentenced Up To 76 Years In Head-On Crash That Killed 3, Including 2 Mummers, In South Philly

Her parents took her to a local hospital and found out she had second- and third-degree burns.

“She was crying in pain, ‘My hands hurt, my hands hurt,’” said Siobhan Quinn, Kathleen’s mother. “We looked at them and they were covered in blisters.”

‘Fearless Girl’ Statue Will Stay Through Early Next Year

MORE NEWS: COVID In Philadelphia: City Expands Vaccine Eligibility To All Residents 16 Years And Older

Doctors determined that Kathleen’s blisters came from extended exposure to borax, which is an ingredient in some homemade slime recipes.