By David Madden

CAMDEN, NJ (CBS) — The search for a man wanted in last month’s shooting death of an eight-year-old Camden girl has ended in Tennessee.

Investigators were led to the town of Clarksville, where 18-year-old Tyhan Brown of Camden was taken into custody without incident.

READ MORE: CBS3 Mysteries: Detectives Searching For Man They Believe Can Help Solve Santino Thomas' Murder Case

Clarksville Police Lieutenant Stephen Warren says, “Clarksville patrol officers met with US Marshals and proceeded to the residence of a relative of the suspect and made the arrest shortly thereafter,” Police Lieutenant Stephen Warren told KYW Newsradio.

(credit: CBS3)

(credit: CBS3)

Gabrielle Hill-Carter was shot in the head while riding her bicycle outside her South 8th Street home on August 24th. She died two days later.

Camden County Police Chief Scott Thomson won’t say if Brown actually fired the shot that killed the girl. “We believe that he was a principal actor in what took place that night that led to those charges,” Thomson told reporters in Camden.

But given the shooting occurred on the street between rival gangs, he says investigators won’t rest until all those believed to be responsible are apprehended.

READ MORE: Sharon Hill Borough Council Launches Independent Investigation Into Fatal Shooting Of 8-Year-Old Fanta Bility

“We believe that there are other confederates that are out there,” Thomson said. “At this point in time we’re not saying how many, but we do not believe he acted alone that night.”

Brown is being held in the Montgomery County jail in Tennessee as extradition proceedings begin.

“We have to take out a fugitive from justice warrant and we actually book him in on that warrant,” Lieutenant Warren said. “That allows us to hold him until the extradition process is completed.”

Two people were arrested in Camden last week and charged with hindering the investigation by providing a false alibi to detectives.

They’ve been identified as Shakia Land and Natasha Gerald, Brown’s mother and girlfriend respectively.

MORE NEWS: 19-Year-Old Man Killed In Double Shooting Inside Port Richmond Home, Police Say

There had been a sizable reward offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case. Thomson would not comment as to whether anyone might be eligible for that reward.