PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Honda drivers, you’ve been warned. The National Insurance Crime Bureau released its annual list of the most stolen car models in the country, this week.
Using data provided by law enforcement agencies, the ‘Hot Wheels‘ list breaks down the most stolen car models in each state.READ MORE: Stimulus Check Latest: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming?
For Pennsylvania, the 2015 list may be a surprise to some:
1. 1997 Honda Accord, with 544 thefts
2. 1998 Honda Civic, with 539 thefts
3. Ford Pick-Up (Full Size), with 303 thefts
4. 2014 Toyota Camry, with 269 thefts
5. 2015 Nissan Altima, with 261 thefts
6. 2006 Chevrolet Impala, with 224 thefts
7. 2014 Toyota Corolla, with 210 thefts
8. 2003 Chevrolet Pick-Up (Full Size), with 203 thefts
9. 1999 Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee, with 188 thefts
10. 2015 Chevrolet Malibu, with 159 thefts
In New Jersey, the 1997 Honda Accord and the 1998 Honda Civic topped the list again with more than 700 thefts reported. In Delaware, the 2000 Honda Civic took the number one spot for the most stolen vehicle in the state with 53 thefts.
The differences between the number of vehicles stolen in New Jersey versus Pennsylvania is also interesting to note.
In New Jersey, the top 10 most stolen vehicles in the state amounted to a total of 3,847 vehicles. In comparison, the top 10 most stolen vehicles in PA totaled 2,900. 947 more cars were stolen in NJ than Pennsylvania, although PA is a much larger state.MORE NEWS: Multi-Vehicle Crash In Upper Macungie Township Sends 10 People To Hospital
In the United States overall, the Honda Accord was the number one most stolen car with 52,244 total thefts. The Honda Civic trailed behind with 49,430 total thefts, according to the NICB Study.