PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The parade for the Villanova Basketball team begins at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, April 8th. It will go from 20th and Market Streets to Dilworth Park.Lateshia Hill's Family Vows Justice Will Be Served After Deadly Triple Shooting In Wilmington
Who: Villanova Men’s Basketball Team and YOU
What: A parade to celebrate the team’s National Championship victoryREAD MORE: Philadelphia-Area Clinics Temporarily Close, Pivot After FDA, CDC Recommend Pausing Use Of Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 Vaccine
When: Friday, April 8th at 1:00 p.m. until around 3:00 p.m. (2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. rally at Dilworth Park)
Where: Beginning at 20th and Market, ending at Dilworth Park
- Philadelphia is expected anywhere from 50,000-75,000 people.
- Villanova has cancelled classes on Friday
- It will cost an estimated $22,000.
- “We’ll way recover that in the amount of people coming here and spending money and the amount of national profile the city will get as a result,” Mayor Jim Kenney said.
- SEPTA is your best bet for transportation purposes
- Added capacity for: Norristown High Speed Line (NHSL), Market- Frankford Line (MFL) and Broad Street Line (BSL).
- TV: CBS3
- Online: CBSPhilly.com
- Radio: SportsRadio 94WIP
MORE NEWS: Duante Wright Shooting: Dozens March In Philadelphia In Protest Of Fatal Police Shooting