E-Cigarette Explodes In Man’s Pocket

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A Kentucky man is recovering from severe burns after an e-cigarette explodes in his pocket.

Security cameras caught the exact moment the man’s pants burst into flames.

It happened while the man was trying to pay for his snacks at a convenience store.

A quick thinking cashier followed him out with a fire extinguisher.

Manoj Kumar, an employee says, “I was shocked! What was that? Do you have a bomb in your pocket? I was totally shocked.”

The victim suffered 2nd degree burns to his right leg but he is expected to recover.

This site uses cookies, tokens, and other third party scripts to recognize visitors of our sites and services, remember your settings and privacy choices, and — depending on your settings and privacy choices — enable us and some key partners to collect information about you so that we can improve our services and deliver relevant ads.

By continuing to use our site or clicking Agree, you agree that CBS and our key partners may collect data and use cookies for personalized ads and other purposes, as described more fully in our privacy policy. You can change your settings at any time by clicking Manage Settings.