By Geoff Bansen
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — After a tranquil stretch of conditions, the Delaware Valley is seeing some wet weather this morning.
Although all flood advisories have expired, a large swath of showers and embedded thunderstorms dumped some heavy rain across portions of the area. Roadways with poor drainage are experiencing some ponding, so use caution on your morning commute.
The rain is beginning to move offshore, but don’t let your guard down just yet. The threat for more showers and storms will stick around right on through the afternoon, as a cold front continues to slowly push away.
You might think that the passage of this front would cool temperatures down a little bit. On the contrary, however, temperatures will spike into the 90’s for the middle of the week, likely bringing another heat wave to Philadelphia.
- TODAY – Showers and T-Storms. Some Rain Could Be Heavy. High 86.
- TONIGHT – Mostly Cloudy, An Isolated Shower. Low 72.
- TOMORROW – Partly Sunny and Hot. High 91.
- WEDNESDAY – Mostly Sunny, Very Hot. High 95.
- THURSDAY – Sun Giving Way To Clouds and Afternoon T-Storms. Hot and Humid. High 93.
- FRIDAY – Mostly Sunny and Less Humid. High 88.