PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Crews responded to the scene of a large water main break in Philadelphia’s Nicetown neighborhood.

Authorities say the 48-inch break happened at Baker’s Centre at Fox Street and Roberts Avenue around 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon.

An official with the Philadelphia Water Department tells CBS 3 Eyewitness News approximately 7 million gallons of water spewed out of the pipe.

Officials say seven stores were evacuated and several businesses were forced to close early due to the break.

Several vehicles in the parking lot also sustained damage.

“I was standing in front of the store getting ready to check out and I saw all of the people running to the front. So I went to the door to see what was going on and there was water just flooding through the front.”

PHOTOS: Water Main Break In Nicetown

Joyce Cooker says, “I didn’t know what was going on. All of the sudden water came rushing in the front door and we asked if we could get out and were told the back door. By the time I got here I couldn’t get into the car.”

Crews turned off the water main just before 5 p.m and officials say no homes have been affected.

Crews from the Philadelphia Water Department, PECO, PGW, the Streets Department and Licenses and Inspections responded to the scene.

Officials say streets have been cornered off from Hunting Park to Fox Street.

Officials say no one lost water, but they did see a decrease of pressure.

Eyewitness News has learned the line is from 1895.

“Age may have played a factor. The infrastructure in Philadelphia is aging, but we are working to replace it,” said John DiGuilio of the Philadelphia Water Department.

There was a large water main break on January 11, 2014, just a few yards from the current one.  Officials say the lines are different and it’s a bizarre coincidence.

The job now getting down to the break to see exactly what happened.

“These mains are deep. It’s approximately probably 25 feet deep so it will take some time to actually get a visual on the main itself and how it broke,” said DiGuilio.

Crews are hoping to get down to the water main break site itself on Friday to figure out exactly what happened.

Crews do not have an official cause at this time.