By Geoff Bansen
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Are you ready for more of that June Gloom?
It’s going to be yet another cool, dreary day across the Delaware Valley. There will be a stray shower around, but don’t expect nearly as much rain as we’ve seen the last few days. Rain totals from the first two days of June have now DOUBLED totals from the entire month of May in many locations, including Philadelphia.
A stationary front now hung up to our south will allow cloudy skies to dominate for the remainder of the week, but don’t be surprised to see some peeks of sun later this afternoon as high pressure tries to nudge in from the north and suppress the front to the south. Areas in the Lehigh Valley and Poconos might actually have a decent day. By Wednesday night, the front begins to lift north again, which means clouds and a shower threat to end the work week. Although improvement will be very gradual, things are starting to look up by the weekend.
- TODAY – Mainly Cloudy with a Few Showers, Mainly South. High 67.
- TONIGHT – Mostly Cloudy and Cool. Low 59.
- TOMORROW – Mainly Cloudy with Scattered Showers. High 69.
- FRIDAY – Milder with Clouds, Some Sun and a Shower in Spots. High 77.
- SATURDAY – Partly Sunny and Warm with a Chance for a Shower or T-Storm. High 82.
- SUNDAY – Sun and Clouds. High 78.