Police: Suspect Also Threw Bleach In Victim’s Face

RADNOR, Pa. (CBS) — A former employee stabbed and threw bleach into the face of a current employee at a Hebrew school on the Main Line Monday, police said.

The suspect, identified by police as 32-year-old Ivan Moore, is in custody.

The incident happened shortly after 9:30 a.m. at the Jack Barrack Hebrew Academy on S. Bryn Mawr Avenue in Radnor.

According to investigators, a former kitchen employee at the school stabbed a current kitchen employee. Police say Moore also threw bleach into the face of the victim.

Police say the 50-year-old victim said that Moore displayed a knife and began stabbing the victim about the head and neck.

The victim was taken to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center with injuries to his head and neck. The victim is expected to survive, officials said.

The suspect fled the scene and was taken into custody on-board the SEPTA Route 100 trolley in nearby Haverford Township. He was taken to Bryn Mawr Hospital for injuries to his hands. Police say Moore was treated and released from the hospital and transported to Radnor Police Headquarters.

Authorities say Moore has been charged with:  Criminal Attempt to Commit Homicide, Aggravated Assault, Simple Assault, Reckless Endangering Another Person, Possession of an Instrument of Crime, Possession of a weapon on school property, Criminal Trespass and Harassment.

A statement from the school said “as a precautionary measure, our school immediately followed our lock down procedure and at no time was any student or employee in any danger.”

Monday afternoon, a school official released an extended statement on its website reading in part: ‘I would like to make you aware as to how the assailant gained entrance to the building. An individual working for our technology support services provider recognized the individual and allowed him to enter the building through the bus entrance. He immediately went to the kitchen, where the altercation occurred. The assailant was seen fleeing the campus and was immediately apprehended by Radnor police, who have him in custody.

Everyone on the Barrack campus is aware of our security protocols and under no circumstances are students or staff permitted to let someone in who does not have a school ID. The individual who breached this protocol was released of duties, effective immediately.”

Lt. Andy Block praised school administrators for their handling of the incident, explaining that a new school security system, known as Delpass, now installed at the Academy as well as 200 other Delaware County schools, immediately alerts police to school intruders, allowing them to monitor events in real time, even as they are responding. Lt. Block credited the security system and good police work with getting Moore into custody less than 20 minutes after the attack took place.

The stabbing remains under investigation.