By Ray Boyd
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The NFL schedule is released in April. April is way too early to breakdown an NFL schedule.
However, we do it anyway. The schedule was announced on Tuesday night and the spectacle of it all was quite interesting. In the days since schedules have been predicted.
Take a few seconds on your favorite sports engine and you’ll stumble upon a nice record prediction for your favorite team. We all know that in April it means nothing. Especially for a team like the Eagles who while experiencing a very active and entertaining off-season, still have a lot of question marks.
Who is the starting quarterback week 1? Who is the safety that will start next to Malcolm Jenkins?
What wide receivers are starting for you on the outside? What are you going to do with Tim Tebow?
Trying to predict anything about the Eagles 2015 season is April is impossible and borderline foolish.
With that said, the Sports Beyond Measure crew decided to delve into the schedule anyway and analyze each game while giving their record predictions for the upcoming season.
Is it foolish to breakdown the Eagles schedule so in depth so early? Yes, it most certainly is, but what else are we going to do in April in Philadelphia, watch the Phillies?
Ray Boyd and Eric “Turtle” Golden delved into the schedule during the latest Sports Beyond Measure podcast and both came away with 10-6 records for the Eagles. Although the results were the same, the paths to get there were very different.
- Week 1: Mon, Sept. 14 @ Falcons 7:10 p.m. Boyd (W) Golden (W)
- Week 2: Sun, Sept. 20 vs. Cowboys 4:25 p.m. Boyd (L) Golden (W)
- Week 3: Sun, Sept. 27 @ Jets 1:00 p.m. Boyd (W) Golden (W)
- Week 4: Sun, Oct. 4 @ Redskins 1:00 p.m. Boyd (W) Golden (L)
- Week 5: Sun, Oct. 11 vs Saints 1:00 p.m. Boyd (L) Golden (W)
- Week 6: Mon, Oct. 19 vs. Giants 8:30 p.m. Boyd (W) Golden (L)
- Week 7: Sun, Oct. 25 @ Panthers 8:30 p.m. Boyd (W) Golden (W)
- Week 8: Bye
- Week 9: Sun, Nov. 8 @ Cowboys 8:30 p.m. Boyd (W) Golden (L)
- Week 10: Sun, Nov. 15 vs. Dolphins 1:00 p.m. Boyd (L) Golden (L)
- Week 11: Sun, Nov. 22 vs. Buccaneers 1:00 p.m. Boyd (W) Golden (W)
- Week 12: Thurs, Nov. 26 @ Lions (Thanksgiving) 12:30 p.m. Boyd (L) Golden (W)
- Week 13: Sun, Dec. 6 @ Patriots 4:25 p.m. Boyd (L) Golden (L)
- Week 14: Sun, Dec. 13 vs. Bills 1:00 p.m. Boyd (W) Golden (W)
- Week 15: Sun, Dec. 20 vs. Cardinals 1:00 p.m. Boyd (W) Golden (L)
- Week 16: Sat, Dec. 26 vs. Redskins 8:25 p.m. Boyd (W) Golden (W)
- Week 17: Sun, Jan. 3 @ Giants 1:00 p.m. Boyd (L) Golden (W)
Both predictions imply a third straight Eagles season with a 10-6 record. The reactions of the fan base to more of the same, following so much drastic change in the off-season, will be very interesting.
That reaction will more than likely hinge on whether or not it is a 10-6 playoff season, or a 10-6 non-playoff season. Furthermore, what are the expectations on the Eagles this season?
Had the group remained intact for the most part, with some key additions, playoffs with at least a win would have been a fair level of expectation. Trying to set the bar for a group like this, prior to the draft, is nearly impossible to do.
So there you have two more Eagles schedule predictions to look at and never revisit or hold accountable once the actual games are played and that is exactly the way it should be.
Predicting schedules is fun, but the real games are all that really matter.