Chef Robert Bennett of Classic Cake talks about the many options for Irish treats.
For more information on Classic Cake, visit: http://www.classiccake.com/index.phpREAD MORE: EXCLUSIVE: Teen Pilot Who Landed Plane On Bridge In Ocean City Shares How He Survived New Mexico Plane Crash
Mint Chocolate Chip Gelato
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. non- fat dry milk powder
8 egg yolks
1 c. half-and-half
2 tsp. mint extract
4 oz. bittersweet choc./2 tsp vegetable oil, melted
Bring the milk, non- fat dry milk, and half of the sugar to a boil.
Whip the remaining sugar with the yolks.
Slowly stream the hot mixture into the sugar/yolk mixture.
Return to the heat and stir constantly over a med. heat.
When the mixture thickens, immediately remove from the heat and strain into a chilled bowl.
Add the half-and-half and mint extract.
Place in a pre-chilled ice cream machine, and churn according to manufacturer’s suggestion.
When finished. Drizzle in melted chocolate/oil mixture while churning. It will freeze on contact and break into chips.
Cover and firm in freezer for at least 2 hours.
Irish Soda Bread
4 c. all-purpose flour
¾ c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ c. butter
1 ½ c. raisins
1 ½ c. buttermilk
Grease 1 (9”) pan
Combine and sift all dry ingredients.
Cut in butter well.
Combine eggs and buttermilk.
Add liquid to dry. Combine carefully without overmixing.
Place in greased pan.
Bake at 350 degrees.
Bake 45 min- 1hr. or until golden brown and inserted skewer comes out clean.
Cool bread in pan.
Irish PotatoesMORE NEWS: Jordan Burnham Turns Suicide Attempt Into Years Of Advocacy As Teens Face Epidemic Of Depression
Yields: 5 dz.
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
• 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the vanilla and confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. Using your hands if necessary, mix in the coconut. Roll into balls or potato shapes, and roll in the cinnamon. Place onto a cookie sheet and chill to set. If desired, roll potatoes in cinnamon again for darker color.