By Amy Feldman

By Amy E. Feldman

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – By now you should have received your w-2, the form from your employer that tells you the total amount of salary you earned in 2011, less the taxes you paid. Not a pretty site – but you could be eligible for a tax credit.

READ MORE: Hundreds Gather In Haddonfield For First Major Rollout Of Fourth Of July Fireworks Since Pandemic

The Earned Income Tax Credit is for people who work but don’t earn a lot of money. Last year more than 25 million people claimed this credit and more workers may qualify this year due to reduced incomes.

In order to qualify, you need to have income below $43,756 if you are filing as an individual with two kids, $49,000 if married with two kids.

READ MORE: Wheeler, Hoskins, Realmuto Lift Phillies Over Cardinals 4-0

But you don’t need kids to qualify.

Individuals with no kids making less than $14,590 or married couples with no kids who make $20,000 qualify – and you can get up to a maximum credit of more than $5,600.

To get the benefit, you must file a tax return, even if your income does not require you to file, and you must claim the credit on your tax return.

MORE NEWS: Woman Had Several Valuable Items Stolen While Helping Stranger In West Deptford, Police Say

This credit is complex, but there’s free help available. Visit to get help and information to get you what you’re owed.