NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) — Tony Hicks scored 18 points on 5 of 8 shooting and dished out five assists to lead Penn to a 67-56 victory over Niagara on Tuesday night.
Greg Louis added 12 points and Matt Howard finished with 11 points for the Quakers (4-8), whose win snaps a three game losing skid.
Penn shot just 40.8 percent from the field, but was very stout defensively, holding Niagara to just 17 total field goals (32.1 shooting percentage), and 4 of 17 from 3-point range. The Purple Eagles also finished with just four total assists to 13 turnovers, and lost the rebounding battle 41-33.
The Quakers put the game away midway through the second half; putting together a 16-5 run that catapulted them from a one point deficit to a 10 point lead.
Ramone Snowden scored 14 points to lead Niagara (3-12).
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Phillies Rebound, Deliver Heartbreak Of Their Own In Come-From-Behind Win Over Braves
- Flyers Place Defenseman Andrew MacDonald On Unconditional Waivers For Purpose Of Terminating Contract
- Phillies Blow 5-Run Lead In Disastrous 9-8 Loss To Braves
- Flyers Acquire Matt Niskanen In Trade With Capitals For Radko Gudas
- With Carson Wentz Locked Into A New Extension, The Pressure Should Be Off