By Ray Boyd
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Let this be a lesson that you can never under estimate the power of social media.
It appears a big time Eagles fan, Hannah Delmonte, used that power to line up a date for prom with none other than Eagles linebacker Emmanuel Acho. Delmonte reached out to Acho and offered a deal. If she reached 2,000 retweets on Twitter, Acho would have to take her to prom.
You can see a screenshot of their exchange here.
Acho acknowledged the offer, but made it clear that it would take a bit more than 2,000 retweets to seal the deal. He proposed 10,000 retweets and Delmonte happily accepted the challenge.
The image of their exchange took to Twitter and the rest was history.
Within hours, her tweet reached over 12,000 retweets and over 1,000 favorites for good measure.
Acho also appears to be a man of his word, acknowledging the completion of the mission.
So it looks like Acho is heading to prom. He also needs some wardrobe recommendations.
Anybody have a go to spot?
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Rhys Hoskins Homers Again As Phillies Guarantee Winning Road Trip Through NL Central
- Phillies’ Bullpen, Bats Deliver 6-4 Series-Opening Win Over Brewers
- Stream The Charles Schwab Challenge
- Eagles Need Malcolm Jenkins To Win
- NBA Writer Yaron Weitzman: I Think Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris Will Come Back If Sixers Offer Max Contracts