By Mike DeNardo
Moorestown, New Jersey tonight swears-in one of the youngest people ever to serve as mayor.
At 26, Victoria Napolitano could be the youngest mayor ever in Moorestown.
“I think that being young actually puts me in a good position,” she says. “I have a lot of time to devote to this — energy and enthusiasm. And the future of our town is extremely important to me, because I plan on being in Moorestown for a very long time.”
The first-term Republican Councilwoman is a Union County native and a Drexel University grad who says one of her priorities is to improve the Lenola business district. And while she works on that…
“I have met hundreds, if not thousands of Moorestownians through campaigning and being on Council,” Napolitano says. “And the biggest thing that I hear from almost everybody is, ‘Please keep our taxes low.'”
The township council is 4-1 Republican, and members of the majority rotate holding the mayor’s seat.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Joe Biden Scrambles For Presidential Campaign Money With High-Dollar Fundraisers After Jumping Into Race Late
- Former Penn State President Graham Spanier Asks Federal Court To Overturn Conviction
- Two Suspects Arrested After Mechanic Shot And Killed By Stray Bullet In Front Of Auto Repair Shop
- It’s Official: Joe Biden Announces He’s Running For President
- ‘Don’t Feel Like Biden Is Our Answer’: Some Women Of Color Frustrated By Biden’s Presidential Bid