By Mike DeNardo
Moorestown, New Jersey tonight swears-in one of the youngest people ever to serve as mayor.
At 26, Victoria Napolitano could be the youngest mayor ever in Moorestown.
“I think that being young actually puts me in a good position,” she says. “I have a lot of time to devote to this — energy and enthusiasm. And the future of our town is extremely important to me, because I plan on being in Moorestown for a very long time.”
The first-term Republican Councilwoman is a Union County native and a Drexel University grad who says one of her priorities is to improve the Lenola business district. And while she works on that…
“I have met hundreds, if not thousands of Moorestownians through campaigning and being on Council,” Napolitano says. “And the biggest thing that I hear from almost everybody is, ‘Please keep our taxes low.'”
The township council is 4-1 Republican, and members of the majority rotate holding the mayor’s seat.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Police: 2 Men Pose As PGW Workers, Force Way Into Home, Tie Up Homeowner
- Vehicle Strikes, Kills 27-Month-Old Girl In YMCA Parking Lot: Police
- Hundreds Of Counter-Protesters Descend On ‘We The People’ Rally At Independence Mall
- Macy’s Unveils Holiday Window Display In Center City
- Man Dies After Being Assaulted By Group In North Philadelphia, Police Say