LEVITTOWN, Pa. (CBS) — A tense standoff in Levittown, Bucks County ended peacefully early Saturday morning.
Police say a heavily-armed man, barricaded inside his house with his elderly mother, is being treated at a mental health facility, after police were able to remove him from the home on Ice Pond Road.
The incident began, about 9:30 Friday night, when police tried to serve an involuntary commitment order on Lawrence Rouse. Family members had said he was threatening to kill neighbors and relatives.
Surrounding homes were evacuated and SWAT teams were called. They negotiated for eight hours, but finally entered the home through an open window and subdued Rouse.
His 90-year-old mother was taken to a hospital for observation.
You may also be interested in these news stories:
- The Met Philadelphia Hosting First Boxing Match Saturday
- Sixers Center Joel Embiid Out With Left Knee Soreness
- Flyers Fall To Lightning 5-2
- Wells Fargo Center Shows Off Plans For Massive Overhaul Of Main Concourse
- ‘The Sixers Are Finally All In:’ New-Look 76ers Take Center Stage On Sports Illustrated Cover