LEVITTOWN, Pa. (CBS) — A tense standoff in Levittown, Bucks County ended peacefully early Saturday morning.
Police say a heavily-armed man, barricaded inside his house with his elderly mother, is being treated at a mental health facility, after police were able to remove him from the home on Ice Pond Road.
The incident began, about 9:30 Friday night, when police tried to serve an involuntary commitment order on Lawrence Rouse. Family members had said he was threatening to kill neighbors and relatives.
Surrounding homes were evacuated and SWAT teams were called. They negotiated for eight hours, but finally entered the home through an open window and subdued Rouse.
His 90-year-old mother was taken to a hospital for observation.
You may also be interested in these news stories:
- Citak: Championship Series Have Been Fun To Watch
- Top DFS Picks Week 7: With Ridley, Sanu Hobbled, Start Jones Against Giants
- Celtics Beat 76ers 105-87 As Hayward, Irving Make Returns
- Weal’s Shootout Goal Lifts Flyers Past Panthers 6-5
- Philadelphia’s Big Gay Ice Cream Honors Flyers Mascot With ‘Gritty Puckster’