LEVITTOWN, Pa. (CBS) — A tense standoff in Levittown, Bucks County ended peacefully early Saturday morning.
Police say a heavily-armed man, barricaded inside his house with his elderly mother, is being treated at a mental health facility, after police were able to remove him from the home on Ice Pond Road.
The incident began, about 9:30 Friday night, when police tried to serve an involuntary commitment order on Lawrence Rouse. Family members had said he was threatening to kill neighbors and relatives.
Surrounding homes were evacuated and SWAT teams were called. They negotiated for eight hours, but finally entered the home through an open window and subdued Rouse.
His 90-year-old mother was taken to a hospital for observation.
You may also be interested in these news stories:
- Hoskins Homers Again, Phils Beat Mets 9-6 To Earn Split
- The Eagles’ Twos Shine In 37-20 Loss To The Patriots
- 103-Year-Old Veteran, Die-Hard Phillies Fan Honored At Citizens Bank Park
- Bautista Drives In 7, Mets Set Record In 24-4 Win Over Phils
- Eagles Fan Trolls Patriots By Flying ’41-33′ Banner Over Gillette Stadium During Preseason Game