LEVITTOWN, Pa. (CBS) — A tense standoff in Levittown, Bucks County ended peacefully early Saturday morning.
Police say a heavily-armed man, barricaded inside his house with his elderly mother, is being treated at a mental health facility, after police were able to remove him from the home on Ice Pond Road.
The incident began, about 9:30 Friday night, when police tried to serve an involuntary commitment order on Lawrence Rouse. Family members had said he was threatening to kill neighbors and relatives.
Surrounding homes were evacuated and SWAT teams were called. They negotiated for eight hours, but finally entered the home through an open window and subdued Rouse.
His 90-year-old mother was taken to a hospital for observation.
You may also be interested in these news stories:
- Phillies-Padres Game Postponed Due To Rain
- Carlos Santana Shines As Phillies Earn Comeback Win Over Padres
- The Eagles’ Strengths And Weaknesses Entering 2018
- Trump: NFL Players Who Kneel During Anthem More Than Once Should Be Kicked ‘Out For Season’
- Phillies Fans To Be Able To Get Beer, Water Delivered To Seats Through Text Message