PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Low clouds are delaying Christmas Eve flights in and out of Philadelphia International Airport.
It’s the second straight day of cancellations and delays due to bad weather.
READ: CBSPhilly Travel Guide
The flight-tracking website FlightAware reports 11 Philadelphia-bound flights and 10 flights departing the city have been canceled as of 9:15 a.m. Wednesday.
The site says 33 Philadelphia-bound flights and 24 flights from the city have been delayed.
The Federal Aviation Administration says inbound flights are being held up by about an hour.
The FAA says those delays applied to flights that haven’t taken off yet. They’re part of a traffic management program.
The agency says inbound flights in the air are seeing delays of no more than 15 minutes.
The National Weather Service says clouds were as low as 600 feet.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in:
- Community Holds Vigil After 2-Year-Old Girl Struck, Killed In YMCA Parking Lot
- 3 Victims In Execution-Style Quadruple Homicide Found Without Clothes In Southwest Philadelphia Basement
- Video Captures Hit-And-Run At Wells Fargo Center Following Sixers Game
- Jury Convicts 2 Of 3 Inmates For Involvement In Deadly Delaware Prison Riot
- Bayada Founder Takes Meaning of ‘Season Of Giving’ Up 20 Million Notches