PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — On Monday afternoon, the Phillies announced three new invitees for Spring Training.
The Phillies signed 1B Chris McGuiness, RHP Sean O’Sullivan and RHP Kevin Slowey to minor league contracts with invitations to take part in major league spring training.
In 2014, McGuiness played in 126 games for triple-A Indianapolis. He batted .264 with 31 doubles, nine home runs and 54 RBI.
O’Sullivan, 27, spent the majority of last season in triple-A Lehigh Valley and made two starts for the Phillies. He was 6-10 at Lehigh Valley with a 4.30 ERA in 25 starts.
Slowey, 30, earned a 5.30 ERA in 17 games (two starts) for the Marlins. Slowey has a 43-36 record over 137 games split between the Marlins and the Twins. Slowey was a 2nd round draft pick of the Twins in 2005 and pitched for Upper St. Clair High School in Pittsburgh, Pa.
With the additions, the Phillies have invited 16 players to Spring Training as non-roster invitees.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Phillies Blasted By Dodgers, 16-2
- Baseball Report: Twins, Yankees Likely Buyers At Trade Deadline
- Eagles Rated Best Team, Wentz 13th-Ranked Quarterback In Madden NFL 20
- Ben Simmons, 76ers Agree On 5-Year, $170 Million Max Extension
- On Ryan Howard’s Retirement Day, Maikel Franco Delivers Walk-Off Win For Phillies Over Nationals