DOYLESTOWN, Pa., (CBS) — Authorities have filed charges in connection with an alleged false report while police were searching for suspected killer Bradley Stone.
Police say a man allegedly told them on Monday night a man who looked like Stone tried to carjack him near the Stonington Farm Apartments in Doylestown, Bucks County.
It was during the height of an urgent manhunt for Stone.
Investigators say the man allegedly made up the story.
“Alerts were put out for a five-mile radius, the Y, the Doylestown Hospital, Central Bucks West were shut down and put under lockdown and obviously a very substantial amount of public resources were deployed,” said Bucks County District Attorney David Heckler.
Police found Stone’s body in the woods near his Pennsburg home Tuesday.
Authorities say Stone allegedly killed six people in Montgomery County, his ex-wife and five of her relatives.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Former Phillies Pitcher Roy Halladay Went To Rehab For Prescription Drug Addiction, Report Reveals
- Ewing Township Police Officer Charged In Murder Of 3-Month-Old Daughter
- Officials Warn Residents Shutdown Of South Philadelphia Refinery May Produce Odor
- Philadelphia Man, Woman Arrested For Kidnapping His Ex-Girlfriend From Montgomery County Home, Police Say
- Philadelphia Weather: Delaware Valley At Risk For Gusty Winds, Torrential Downpours As Strong Storms To Move Through Area