By Mark Abrams
GLENOLDEN, Pa., (CBS) — A former Delaware County police officer is charged with the murder of a woman authorities say he had been stalking, attempted murder of her husband, and the wounding of her daughter during a shooting inside her Glenolden home.
Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan says 32-year-old Stephen Rozniakowski, who was a part-time police officer in Colwyn, broke into the home of Valerie Morrow on Monday night just hours after being served with a protection order she had sworn out against him.
Whelan says Rozniakowski gunned Morrow down in a second-floor hallway, and wounded her daughter.
The DA says Morrow’s husband, Thomas, a part-time officer with Morton Police Department, was awakened by the commotion.
“He had a revolver in his dresser drawer, he reached for it. He came out and returned fire against Mr. Rozniakowski. At that point, he emptied his revolver and then fled back into his bedroom. He realized he was trapped and he jumped from a second-floor window,” said Whelan.
Whelan says Morrow’s bullets hit Rozniakowski and knocked him down. He surrendered when police and medical personnel arrived.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- 3 Cheers: Giving Special Needs Animals A Chance
- Brotherly Love: ‘Lost’ Hats In Philly, South Jersey Meant For The Homeless
- Police: 2 People Shot In Apparent Road Rage Shooting On I-95 Near Allegheny
- The Met Philadelphia Hosting First Boxing Match Saturday
- Samsung Hopes To Revitalize Market With Latest $2,000 Smartphone