By Mark Abrams
GLENOLDEN, Pa., (CBS) — A former Delaware County police officer is charged with the murder of a woman authorities say he had been stalking, attempted murder of her husband, and the wounding of her daughter during a shooting inside her Glenolden home.
Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan says 32-year-old Stephen Rozniakowski, who was a part-time police officer in Colwyn, broke into the home of Valerie Morrow on Monday night just hours after being served with a protection order she had sworn out against him.
Whelan says Rozniakowski gunned Morrow down in a second-floor hallway, and wounded her daughter.
The DA says Morrow’s husband, Thomas, a part-time officer with Morton Police Department, was awakened by the commotion.
“He had a revolver in his dresser drawer, he reached for it. He came out and returned fire against Mr. Rozniakowski. At that point, he emptied his revolver and then fled back into his bedroom. He realized he was trapped and he jumped from a second-floor window,” said Whelan.
Whelan says Morrow’s bullets hit Rozniakowski and knocked him down. He surrendered when police and medical personnel arrived.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Sinkhole Exposes Highly Controversial Pipeline In West Whiteland Township
- Homeless Seeking Shelter As Bitter Cold Grips Region
- Anonymous Donor Gives $500,000 To Philly Non-Profit To Offer Zero-Interest Loans To Hundreds of Federal Workers
- 33-Foot Tall Robot Sculpture Named ‘Bebot’ Now Standing Tall In Northern Liberties
- Large Cave-In Shuts Down Center City Intersection