PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Firefighters battled a fire that broke out inside a home in Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The fire started shortly after 6 a.m. inside a home in the 1800 block of E. Clearfield Street in the city’s Kensington section.
When firefighters arrived, they encountered heavy smoke and flames billowing from a corner row home.
Firefighters were able to place the blaze under control in approximately 30 minutes.
Fire officials said the home was vacant. The fire spread to another abandoned home and an occupied home. The Red Cross is assisting the family who lived in the occupied home.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Missing 8-Year-Old Boy Found Safe In Castor: Police
- 2 People Injured In Accident On Roosevelt Boulevard Sunday, Police Say
- Police Searching For Gunman After Man Shot To Death In East Germantown
- Family Demands Answers After Wheelchair Ramps For Son With Cerebral Palsy Stolen From South Philadelphia Home
- Man Shot In Road Rage Incident On Schuylkill Expressway In South Philadelphia, Police Say