PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Firefighters battled a fire that broke out inside a home in Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The fire started shortly after 6 a.m. inside a home in the 1800 block of E. Clearfield Street in the city’s Kensington section.
When firefighters arrived, they encountered heavy smoke and flames billowing from a corner row home.
Firefighters were able to place the blaze under control in approximately 30 minutes.
Fire officials said the home was vacant. The fire spread to another abandoned home and an occupied home. The Red Cross is assisting the family who lived in the occupied home.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- South Philadelphia Native Appearing On Kevin Hart’s ‘TKO: Total Knock Out’ On CBS3 Tonight
- ‘Failure On The Mayor’s Part’: Jay-Z Fires Back At Kenney Over Made In America Festival’s Location Change
- Some Jersey Shore Boardwalk Games Not Fair, Reveals State Inspections
- Police Investigation Shuts Down Allegheny Avenue Exit On I-95 Northbound
- Neighbors Smelled Odor Coming From Building Where Man’s Body Found Wrapped In Tarp