PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Firefighters battled a fire that broke out inside a home in Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The fire started shortly after 6 a.m. inside a home in the 1800 block of E. Clearfield Street in the city’s Kensington section.
When firefighters arrived, they encountered heavy smoke and flames billowing from a corner row home.
Firefighters were able to place the blaze under control in approximately 30 minutes.
Fire officials said the home was vacant. The fire spread to another abandoned home and an occupied home. The Red Cross is assisting the family who lived in the occupied home.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- First Responders, Civilians Honored For Rescuing People From Flooding In Upper Darby
- Eagles’ Jay Ajayi Bags Groceries For ‘Help Bag Hunger’
- Police: Chester County Murder Suspect Dead After Chase, Shootout With Troopers
- Cleanup Underway After Propane Tank Leak In Bensalem
- Cargill Ground Beef Recalled For Possible E. Coli Contamination