CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — Eleven people face charges for alleged roles in a ring that federal prosecutors say trafficked heroin, powder cocaine and crack cocaine in the Atlantic City area.
Eight people were arrested during raids staged early Thursday and were due to make their initial court appearances later in the day. Seven of them are charged with drug trafficking conspiracy, while the other is charged with money laundering.
Another defendant charged in the case is already in custody on unrelated charges in Pennsylvania, while two more defendants are being sought in California.
Prosecutors say defendants convicted on the conspiracy count would face at least 10 years in prison and could receive a life sentence, along with a $10 million fine.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Powerball Jackpot Now Worth Staggering $638 Million
- With Person Of Interest In Custody, Germantown Bar Shooting Victim’s Family Holds Emotional Vigil
- Hundreds Of Philadelphians Help Raise Money During 2019 UNCF Mayor’s Masked Ball
- Cecil B. Moore Recreation Center To Undergo Major Renovation
- Man, 3 Teens Arrested After Robbing Two 7-Eleven Stores, Crashing Getaway Car, Police Say