CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — Eleven people face charges for alleged roles in a ring that federal prosecutors say trafficked heroin, powder cocaine and crack cocaine in the Atlantic City area.
Eight people were arrested during raids staged early Thursday and were due to make their initial court appearances later in the day. Seven of them are charged with drug trafficking conspiracy, while the other is charged with money laundering.
Another defendant charged in the case is already in custody on unrelated charges in Pennsylvania, while two more defendants are being sought in California.
Prosecutors say defendants convicted on the conspiracy count would face at least 10 years in prison and could receive a life sentence, along with a $10 million fine.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Body Found Encased In Ice At Pool In Bucks County
- Flames Rip Through Furniture Store In Egg Harbor Township
- Driver Rescued After Car Ends Up Submerged In Water In Mount Laurel
- Local Businesses Giving Back To Federal Workers Affected By Government Shutdown
- ‘It’s A Terrible, Terrible, Terrible Tragedy’: Overdosing Mother Rolled Onto, Killed 13-Month-Old Son, Police Say