MEDIA, Pa. (AP) — A man accused of fatally shooting his caseworker and grazing his psychiatrist before the doctor returned fire has pleaded not guilty.
Public defender Charles Williams entered the plea on behalf of 49-year-old Richard Plotts, who stood silently Tuesday during his arraignment in Delaware County Court.
Plotts is charged with murder, reckless endangerment and weapons offenses in the July shooting death of 53-year-old Theresa Hunt inside a psychiatrist’s office at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby, just outside Philadelphia.
Authorities say psychiatrist Lee Silverman crouched behind a chair, pulled out his own gun and fired several times, wounding Plotts. Silverman was grazed in the temple and thumb, authorities have said.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in:
- Officials Investigating After Restaurant Workers Caught Pouring Unknown Liquid Into Manayunk Storm Drain
- ‘He Betrayed Us, He Lied To Us’: Police Officer’s Widow, FOP Call For DA Krasner’s Resignation Over Abu-Jamal Appeal
- Delivery Driver Danger: Valuables, Vehicles And Pizza Stolen From Delivery Drivers In Series Of Armed Robberies
- Washington Township First Responders, High School Students Participate In Active School Shooter Drill
- 2 Trenton Police Officers Facing Federal Charges After Assaulting Man During Arrest, US Attorney Says