PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — You shouldn’t bet on football games. You’re going to lose. I would never do it.
Having said that, if you insist on gambling ever Sunday, at least use some of the helpful information from OddShark.com. Here are some Week 14 trends that can help us, I mean you, this weekend.
- Lions favored by double digits just once since 1996, beat Vikings 34-28 as 10.5-point chalk in 2011
- Falcons on 4-0 ATS run as double-digit dogs; just third time since 2002 have gotten this many points (13)
- OVER is 11-2 in 13 Sunday Night games so far in 2014
- Patriots 24-5 SU in December road games since 2002
- This is 41st consecutive game Jaguars are underdogs, last favored Sept. 30, 2012 vs Cincinnati (favored just three times past 61 games)
- Panthers 11-2 ATS last 13 meetings at Saints (two losses in past three games however)
- Bills lost 16 in a row SU when double-digit dogs since 2005
- Raiders have won 5 of 11 games outright when getting 7 or more points at home since Dec. 21, 2008
Seahawks (+1) at Eagles
- Seahawks 3-1 SU & ATS last 4 meetings with Eagles
- Seahawks 10-3-1 ATS last 14 games as road underdogs
- Eagles 6-0 SU last 6 games as home favorites (5-1 ATS)
- Eagles 5-1-1 ATS past seven as small chalk of 1-3 points
- Seahawks 11-3 ATS past 14 as small dogs of 1-3 points
Porter’s Picks (if I were to bet, which of course, I don’t):
Pittsburgh (+3.5) at Cincinnati
Cincy is coming off a wake-me-up, ugly one-point win over the Bucs and they’re finally starting to get healthy, with A.J. Green and Gio Bernard back to full strength.
The Bengals are different team at home and I think we get the good Andy Dalton in this game.
Indianapolis (-3.5) at Cleveland
The Browns are a mess. They just decided who their starting quarterback was on Wednesday and it’s Brian Hoyer. The public is a little high on the Browns.
Houston (-6) at Jacksonville
Gimme the underrated Jags and the points!
The Jags are coming off a big morale boosting, comeback win over the Giants and the Texans are coming off a blowout win over the Titans, in which Ryan Fitzpatrick threw a ridiculous six touchdowns. He won’t ever do that again.
The public is a little bullish on the Texans, who aren’t that good. The Jaguars’ defense is a little better than people think, I think.
Buffalo (+9.5) at Denver
Buffalo is a decent team, that plays solid defense and controls the ball. But this week, they get Peyton Manning and the Broncos in Denver, and they’ll fall behind quick. Plus, the Bills are coming off back-to-back big wins over the Jets and Browns. Ebb and flow says they’re due for a let down, a game in which they have to go east to west and play against, arguably, the best QB in the world.
Broncos should get Julius Thomas back as well. Broncos roll.
Kansas City (+1) at Arizona
Drew Stanton stinks. I’m out on the Cards. Their downward spiral continues.
Oh, and Andre Ellington is very questionable. Big Jamaal Charles game here.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
[display-posts category=”sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]