NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey woman died aboard a United Airlines flight from London that landed at Newark Liberty International Airport.
Police and a medical examiner were waiting when Flight 115 arrived at 9:45 p.m. Monday.
Port Authority Police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says the 23-year-old Newark resident was traveling alone.
Pentangelo says a doctor aboard the plane tried to help when the woman was found unconscious, however she died while in flight. Pentangelo says the woman may have had a pre-existing medical condition.
Pentangelo says there was no need to quarantine other passengers.
Authorities are awaiting results of an autopsy and have not yet released her name.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- NASA Reveals Plan On How To Protect Earth From Asteroids
- Melania Trump Wears ‘I Really Don’t Care. Do U?’ Jacket Ahead Of Texas Border Facility Visit
- Report: New Jersey Has Plan To Eliminate Some South Jersey Beach Towns
- Beloved Gorilla Koko, Who Rose To Prominence By Mastering Sign Language, Dies At 46
- 29-Pound Cat Named Chubbs Finds Forever Home