UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a woman being cited for public drunkenness in Pennsylvania accidentally dropped a baggie of crack cocaine on the police station floor.
Uniontown police say 23-year-old Savannah Turachak, of Lemont Furnace, was patted down for weapons but not otherwise searched when she was brought to the station Nov. 19. That’s because police were just citing and releasing her.
But police say Turachak returned moments later to report being harassed by someone and, in the process, fluffed her shirt to straighten it out—and the drugs fell out.
Surveillance video shows she tried to pick up the bag but instead left it when three other people walked in. Police found it a short time later and charged her.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Turachak.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Report: Baby Bleeds After Being Bitten By Bed Bugs In Business Class During Newark-Mumbai Flight
- Trump: NFL Players Who Kneel During Anthem More Than Once Should Be Kicked ‘Out For Season’
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: ‘I Absolutely Didn’t Intend To Defend The Intent’ Of Holocaust Deniers
- Children Of Working Moms Better Off Later In Life, Study Finds
- Pit Bull Saves Ocean County Family From House Fire