PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The 2016 NCAA Men’s Basketball East Regional will be coming to Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center. The host school for the games will be La Salle University.
The NCAA Division 1 Men’s Basketball Committee released the sites today and announced that games will take place in Philadelphia from March 25-27, 2016.
The sites for 2016 through 2018 were announced on Monday. The other cities that will host games in 2016 include Brooklyn, Des Moines, Providence, St. Louis, Raleigh, Oklahoma City, Denver and Spokane. Philadelphia will host one of the four regionals along with Chicago, Louisville and Anaheim.
“La Salle University is proud to work with the Wells Fargo Center and the Philadelphia Sports Congress to bring March Madness back to Philadelphia once again,” said the school’s Director of Athletics Dr. Tom Brennan.
The last time March Madness came to town was in 2013 when Temple University hosted the 2nd and 3rd rounds at the Wells Fargo Center. Philadelphia has welcomed the tournament to the city 27 times since 1939.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Philadelphia’s Big Gay Ice Cream Honors Flyers Mascot With ‘Gritty Puckster’
- Malcolm Jenkins: ‘Darnold Checks All The Boxes You Want From A Rookie’
- Top Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups For NFL Week 7
- NFL Team Grades Week 6: Are The Jets An Offensive Powerhouse?
- New Jersey’s Carli Lloyd Drills 45-Yard Field Goal … At Cowboys Practice Facility