WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) – Police are investigating after a 7-Eleven clerk was shot during an early morning robbery north of Wilmington.
The incident occurred around 3:00 a.m. Tuesday.
Authorities says a male armed with a handgun entered the convenience store located on Governor Printz Boulevard and approached the 25-year-old clerk, displaying a handgun. He then demanded money from the cash register.
Police say the employee was slow to comply with the requests and the male fired a shot, striking the victim in a lower extremity.
The suspect then removed cash from the register himself and fled on foot towards Rysing Drive.
The employee was transported to a local hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
The suspect is described as a black male, 5’10”-6’0” tall, 160-180 pounds with an average build. He was wearing all dark clothing and was armed.
A police investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact the Robbery Unit at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 Extension #6.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Delaware State Police Searching For Man Wanted For Indecent Exposure In Wawa
- Biden Family Adopts Dog From Delaware Humane Association
- Police Investigate After Man Stabbed In Chest In South Philadelphia
- Christmas Village Opens For Special Preview At Love Park
- 52-Year-Old Man Killed In 2-Vehicle Accident During Thursday’s Winter Storm