PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Transport Workers Union Local 234 members have voted in favor of ratifying a new, two-year contract with SEPTA.
Workers will get a five-percent raise for the duration of the contract.
The deal avoids a strike that would have affected buses, subways, and trolleys.
You may also be interested in:
- 27-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping Woman Inside Her Apartment, Police Say
- 19 Students Injured, School Evacuated After 8-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Discharged Pepper Spray
- Store Employee Shot In Chest During Robbery At Juniata Mini-Market, Police Say
- 23-Year-Old Man Critical, Teen Injured In Kensington Double Shooting, Police Say
- Police Release Sketch Of Man Who Exposed Himself, Assaulted Female Jogger In Atlantic County Park