KINGSTON, Pa. (AP) — Police in Pennsylvania say a highly intoxicated man sleeping on a porch had a large sword in his pants.
Quentin Lee Moore was arraigned Wednesday on charges of possession of a prohibited offensive weapon, possession of a controlled substance and public drunkenness.
Kingston police say they found the 50-year-old Moore on Monday.
According to court records he’s pleaded guilty in the past to driving under the influence, served jail time for retail theft and is awaiting trial on a July retail theft charge.
Moore is jailed at the Luzerne County Correction Facility in lieu of $25,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 5.
Kingston is just west of Wilkes-Barre.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Residents In Northeast Much Less Likely To Plan Vacation This Year Than Those In South, Survey Finds
- 46 ‘Would-Be’ Road Trips Make Perfect Vacation Getaway For Mid-Atlantic Travelers
- Drinking 2 Cups Of Hot Tea A Day Nearly Doubles Chances Of Cancer, Study Finds
- 97-Year-Old World War II Veteran Still Works At New Jersey Grocery Store
- Space Beers: Hops Can Be Grown In Martian Soil, Villanova Students Find