PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A Philadelphia police officer has been arrested for soliciting a prostitute.
On Thursday, October 16, a Patronizing Operation was conducted by the police department’s citywide Vice Enforcement Unit in the 25th district.
As a result, Officer Ronald D. Thompson, a 26-year veteran of the force, was arrested for the solicitation of a prostitute at Old York Road and Bristol Street.
Thompson was formally processed by Internal Affairs and was charged with criminal solicitation and patronizing a prostitute.
Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey suspended the officer for 30 days with the intent to dismiss.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Warm Front Could Soar Sunday Temperatures Into Low 60s After Saturday Rain
- 1 Person Killed In Single-Vehicle Crash On I-295: Police
- Those Annoying Robocalls Can Be Illegal And Now Some Consumers Are Fighting Back
- Police Searching For ‘Serial Attacker’ Involved In At Least 9 Sex Assaults In South Philadelphia Since December
- Local Army Veteran Surprised With Service Dog In South Philadelphia