PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Leaders of two Philadelphia-area health systems plan to sign a letter of intent to move toward merging the organizations.
Officials say that the two organizations have thoroughly studied a model over the last 30 days that would combine Jefferson and Abington Health.
Representatives from both organizations are scheduled to sign a letter of intent on Wednesday at Abington Memorial Hospital in Montgomery County to move toward integrating the companies next year.
If the merger goes through, the health system would contain five hospitals in Philadelphia and Montgomery County.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Survey: 44 Percent Of Americans Would Consider Career Move For Pet-Friendly Workplace
- Alleged Gunman Radee Prince Gets 40 Years In Prison For Maryland, Delaware Shootings
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed In Levittown On US Route 13
- Police: 3 People Trapped, Injured After Car Hit Pole In Camden
- New York Terror Suspect Invokes ‘Allah,’ Faces 28 Federal Charges