EASTON, Pa. (CBS) – Police say a man is dead following a police chase that ended in Easton, Northampton County early Friday morning.
This began when officers tried to stop the suspect for a vehicle violation. The man then took off in his pickup truck, leading police on a chase through several municipalities.
This ended when the man crashed into a utility pole just before 2 a.m. near 13th and Spring Garden Streets.
Police have not released the suspect’s identity yet.
There were reports of shots being fired by officers, but it is not clear at this time the exact cause of the suspect’s death or whether he, too, had a weapon.
Pa. State Police are now involved in the investigation.
- ‘This Is A Homicide’: Pennsylvania Family Wants Daughter’s 2011 Suicide Case Reopened
- LIVE RESULTS: 2019 Pennsylvania Primary Election
- Mayor Jim Kenney Defeats Democratic Challengers In Landslide Primary Election Win
- Rochelle Bilal Defeats Incumbent Jewell Williams, Poised To Become Philadelphia’s First Female Sheriff
- ‘I Just Want Justice For My Son’: Father Of Special Needs Man Shot By Plainclothes Officer Speaks Out
- ‘Fishing For Cats’: Pennsylvania Man Facing Charges After Baiting Cats With Fishhooks, Officers Say
- Video Shows Young Man Being Held Down, Repeatedly Punched By Police Officers In New Jersey
- ‘Misappropriated The Ice Guy Outfit’: Rita’s Italian Ice Responds After Store Employee Wears Mascot Attire To Philadelphia Abortion Rights Protest
- Eating A Lot Of Ultra-Processed Foods Can Lead To Premature Death, Study Finds
- Abortion Rights Protesters Hit The Streets In Philadelphia, Nationwide For ‘Stop The Bans Day Of Action’