EASTON, Pa. (CBS) – Police say a man is dead following a police chase that ended in Easton, Northampton County early Friday morning.
This began when officers tried to stop the suspect for a vehicle violation. The man then took off in his pickup truck, leading police on a chase through several municipalities.
This ended when the man crashed into a utility pole just before 2 a.m. near 13th and Spring Garden Streets.
Police have not released the suspect’s identity yet.
There were reports of shots being fired by officers, but it is not clear at this time the exact cause of the suspect’s death or whether he, too, had a weapon.
Pa. State Police are now involved in the investigation.
- Small Plane Lands At Northeast Philadelphia Airport Without Landing Gear
- Thousands Help Fight Colon Cancer During 11th Annual Get Your Rear In Gear Run/Walk
- Too Chilly: Naked Bicyclists Pushing Annual Philly Bike Ride Up One Month
- Local Politicians Among Many Saying Justice Department’s Summary Of Mueller Report Is Inconclusive
- Philadelphia Streets Department To Continue Pothole Repairs On Martin Luther King Drive
- Rally To Remember: March For Our Lives Philadelphia Advocate For Gun Control
- Man Dies After Being Stabbed Several Times In Carroll Park, Police Say
- 2 Men In Critical Condition Following Kensington Double Shooting, Police Say
- At Least One Person Dead In Motorcycle Accident Near Bucks County High School, Officials Say
- Overturned Tractor Trailer Blocking Lane On I-95 Ramp In Bensalem