LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) — Classes have been dismissed early at a central Pennsylvania school where a single bullet was discovered in the building.
Officials say they didn’t find a weapon at Manheim Township High School on Friday.
According to a district statement, the school was placed on lockdown Friday morning after the bullet was found on the floor of a classroom.
Administrators say they worked with police to investigate, including searching the room and interviewing students.
Officials determined there was no immediate threat, but still don’t know where the bullet came from.
Students were released at 12:30 p.m.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Federal Judge Rules CNN’s Jim Acosta Can Keep White House Press Pass
- 11th Patient Dies Amid Viral Outbreak At New Jersey Care Facility
- Drivers Stuck For 12 Hours On I-78 Due To Wintry Mess
- Jennie-O Raw Ground Turkey Products Recalled Due To Possible Deadly Salmonella Contamination
- Community Leaders Sleep Outside To Raise Money For Homeless Youth