LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) — Classes have been dismissed early at a central Pennsylvania school where a single bullet was discovered in the building.
Officials say they didn’t find a weapon at Manheim Township High School on Friday.
According to a district statement, the school was placed on lockdown Friday morning after the bullet was found on the floor of a classroom.
Administrators say they worked with police to investigate, including searching the room and interviewing students.
Officials determined there was no immediate threat, but still don’t know where the bullet came from.
Students were released at 12:30 p.m.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- New Wearable Device Monitors Sun Exposure
- Delaware Paramedic Reunited With Child He Helped Deliver Back In 1996
- Philly Mayor Announces Task Force After Tens Of Millions Of Taxpayer Dollars Goes Missing
- New Jersey Watchdog Agency Accuses Businesses Of Willfully And Knowingly Buying Stolen Scrap Metal, Items From Opioid Addicts
- Upper Darby Police Release Surveillance Video Of Violent Shooting Inside Chinese Restaurant