PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — You shouldn’t bet on football games. You’re going to lose. I would never do it.
Having said that, if you insist on gambling on Sunday’s, at least use some of the helpful information from OddShark.com. Here is some week eight trends that can help us, I mean you, on Sunday.
- Patriots have won 18 straight October home games (12-5-1 against the spread [ATS]) since 2005.
- Rams have only won twice in 28 games when getting seven points or more on the road (2-25-1 SU).
- Bills are just 3-15 SU in divisional road games since 2008.
- Titans are just 1-7 ATS last 8 divisional home games.
- Browns just seventh time in franchise history favored by a TD or more.
- Packers are terrible as road dogs, they face the Saints who are awesome as home chalk.
Crazy 8s – weird ‘trends’ in Week 8
- Dolphins 12-2-1 ATS
- Jets 0-7 ATS
- Saints 5-13 ATS
- Raiders 7-1 ATS
- Seahawks 2-10 ATS
Thursday Night Football
- Chargers 12-2-1 ATS since 2002 when getting seven points or more (happened three times last season, all vs Broncos, they were 2-1 ATS in those games). SD also covered six in a row as road dogs.
- Favorites are 5-1 ATS past 6 London games (would favor Detroit). Also ‘home’ teams are have lost six of nine London games SU (which would also favor Detroit as Atlanta is ‘home’)
Head to head stat edges:
- Seattle currently #2 in road rushing (168 ypg), Carolina #28 in defending run at home (140 ypg)
- Carolina ranks last in home rushing, Seattle #4 in stopping the run on the road.
- Texans #3 in road rushing (161 ypg), Tennessee dead last in stopping run at home (159 ypg)
Eagles vs. Cardinals
- Eagles 0-3-1 ATS last 4 meetings with Cardinals
- Eagles 10-4 ATS last 14 games as road underdogs
- Eagles 6-1 SU & ATS last 7 road games after bye week (12-2 SU, 9-4-1 ATS after bye since 2001 overall)
- Cardinals 5-1 SU & ATS last 6 home games vs. NFC East
- Eagles played UNDER 12-3 past 15 seasons after a bye
Porter’s Picks (if I were to bet, which of course, I don’t):
- Detroit -4 vs. Atlanta (London) – Atlanta stinks. Matt Ryan is awful away from home and London is really, really, far from Atlanta. Plus, Detroit’s defense is good. Very good. They’re ranked No. 1 in yards allowed per game and No. 2 in points allowed per game.
- Miami -6 at Jacksonville – Jacksonville just won last week. Ebb and flow, they’re due for a blowout loss.
- Philadelphia +3 at Arizona – I just trust Chip off a bye week. Carson Palmer is due for a three-interception game.
- New Orleans -1 vs. Green Bay – The Saints are way better at home than on the road. They’re 2-4 and Green Bay is 5-2. Ebb and flow, life makes more sense if the Saints win.
*All lines courtesy of Bovada LV
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
[display-posts category=”sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]