PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police have arrested and charged three men in connection with a string of commercial robberies in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police say officers stopped a car around 2:30 a.m. Friday along the 5700 block of Harbison Avenue that matched the description of a vehicle used in 14 robberies at 7-Eleven, Wawa, local bars and eateries that spanned from mid-August to early October.
During that stop, one of the officers noticed the front passenger, 29-year-old Patrick Rowe, matched the description of one of the suspects in the robberies. Officers searched the car and found a handgun in the rear seat area, a black metal bb-gun, a black Velcro-half mask, a black-hooded sweat shirt and a black scarf.
Search warrants were served on the residences of 27-year-old Jian Chen, 25-year-old Corey Lockhart and Rowe.
Police say two rifles, two silver handguns, and a ballistic vest were recovered inside Chen’s residence, and ammunition was recovered inside Lockhart’s home.
Rowe and Chen were charged with thirteen of the fourteen robberies. Lockhart was facing gun charges.
A press conference was scheduled for Monday morning at Northeast Detectives where police were expected to release more details about the arrests.
You may also be interested in these news stories:
- Herrera Homers Again, Phillies Rout Nationals 12-2
- NHL DRAFT 2018: Flyers Select Joel Farabee With 14th Overall Pick
- Brett Brown Favors ‘Star Hunting’ Over Nova’s Bridges Playing For Hometown Sixers
- Stream The Travelers Championship
- ‘Class Act’: Former Phillies Superstar Ryan Howard Surprises Middle Township Police Officers