PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police have arrested and charged three men in connection with a string of commercial robberies in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police say officers stopped a car around 2:30 a.m. Friday along the 5700 block of Harbison Avenue that matched the description of a vehicle used in 14 robberies at 7-Eleven, Wawa, local bars and eateries that spanned from mid-August to early October.
During that stop, one of the officers noticed the front passenger, 29-year-old Patrick Rowe, matched the description of one of the suspects in the robberies. Officers searched the car and found a handgun in the rear seat area, a black metal bb-gun, a black Velcro-half mask, a black-hooded sweat shirt and a black scarf.
Search warrants were served on the residences of 27-year-old Jian Chen, 25-year-old Corey Lockhart and Rowe.
Police say two rifles, two silver handguns, and a ballistic vest were recovered inside Chen’s residence, and ammunition was recovered inside Lockhart’s home.
Rowe and Chen were charged with thirteen of the fourteen robberies. Lockhart was facing gun charges.
A press conference was scheduled for Monday morning at Northeast Detectives where police were expected to release more details about the arrests.
You may also be interested in these news stories:
- Aaron Nola Bounces Back, But Phillies Fall To Marlins In Extras
- Eagles Trade Up To Select Washington State OT Andre Dillard With 22nd Pick In NFL Draft
- ‘SHUT DOWN THIS FRANCHISE’: Fans, Social Media Torch Giants Drafting Duke QB Daniel Jones
- Angry New York Man At Phillies-Mets Game Allegedly Exposes Himself To Kids, Threatens Their Dad
- MLB Suspends Mets’ Jacob Rhame 2 Games For Throwing At Rhys Hoskins’ Head