NEWARK, Del. (AP) — A Texas man died after being hit by a car in Delaware.
Delaware State Police say 39-year-old Carl Timm of Richardson, Texas, was trying to cross an intersection on a state highway in Newark, Delaware around 1 a.m. Wednesday when a car slammed into him, lost control and then hit an ambulance.
Police say the force of the impact vaulted Timm into the windshield of the car and then threw him into the roadway. Police say Timm was not in a crosswalk when he was hit and may have been drinking.
The driver of the car, 30-year-old Moses Tamba, was not injured.
The driver of the ambulance and a patient inside also were uninjured.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Royal Family Shares Photos Of Prince Louis’ Christening Day
- Homeless Man In Houston Goes Viral After Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ To Woman Who Gave Him Food
- FDA Recalls Common Heart Drug Due To Potential Cancer Risk
- Ecuador Town Building Giant Rose Pyramid In Effort To Break World Record
- Warriors’ Steph Curry Jumps Into Lake Tahoe After Losing Golf Bet With Dad