DOUGLAS, Ariz. (AP) — Thousands of swarming bees have left one landscaper dead and another critically injured after the men were stung in southern Arizona.
Douglas Fire Department officials say the landscapers were working on a home around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday when they were attacked by the huge swarm of bees. One man later died at a hospital.
The names of the victims weren’t immediately released.
A hive was found inside the home’s attic and a beekeeper later exterminated it after parts of the roof of the home were torn off.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- TSA Gives Tips For Travelers Ahead Of Thanksgiving Holiday
- How A Camel Got Stuck In A Snowstorm In Montgomery County
- Eat And Play: Jell-O Introduces Its First Edible Slime
- ‘Different World’: Colorblind Deputy Reacts To Seeing World In Color
- Jimmy Dean Reveals Sausage-Scented Wrapping Paper To Spice Up The Holidays