DOUGLAS, Ariz. (AP) — Thousands of swarming bees have left one landscaper dead and another critically injured after the men were stung in southern Arizona.
Douglas Fire Department officials say the landscapers were working on a home around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday when they were attacked by the huge swarm of bees. One man later died at a hospital.
The names of the victims weren’t immediately released.
A hive was found inside the home’s attic and a beekeeper later exterminated it after parts of the roof of the home were torn off.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Company Offers K9s To Sweep Residential Homes For Illegal Drugs
- Texas Mayor Kills 12-Foot-Long Alligator That Allegedly Ate Her Miniature Horse
- Cinnaminson Fire Lieutenant Helps Deliver Baby While On Vacation
- Kids Buy Back Dad’s 1993 Ford Mustang That He Sold When His Wife Was Diagnosed With Cancer
- Middle-Age Drinkers More Concerned About Reputation Than Health, Finds Study