PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police say a man was struck and killed by a SEPTA Regional Rail train in Crescentville.
It happened near the 5800 block of Weymouth Street.
Police say the man stepped in front of a northbound train shortly before 7 p.m. Tuesday.
They say he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Service on SEPTA’s Fox Chase Regional Rail Line resumed shortly before 11:30 p.m. following an earlier service suspension.
An investigation continues.
You may also be interested in:
- Portion Of Route 206 In Shamong Closed Following Serious Motorcycle Accident
- Abington Township Police: Suspicious Man Asks Boys To Urinate In Bottle While They Were Walking Home From School
- Eagles Fan Who Went Viral After Hitting SEPTA Pole To Be Featured In NFL Short Film
- Officials Identify 19-Year-Old Man Killed In Police-Involved Shooting In Vineland
- Pennsylvania Lawmakers To Introduce Ordinance Banning Plastic Bags, Straws