PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police say a man was struck and killed by a SEPTA Regional Rail train in Crescentville.
It happened near the 5800 block of Weymouth Street.
Police say the man stepped in front of a northbound train shortly before 7 p.m. Tuesday.
They say he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Service on SEPTA’s Fox Chase Regional Rail Line resumed shortly before 11:30 p.m. following an earlier service suspension.
An investigation continues.
You may also be interested in:
- Police: Suspects Intentionally Set Fire To Break Into Home; Attempted To Sexually Assault Elderly Woman In Cobbs Creek
- Sheriff: 11 People Dead After Missouri Tourist Boat Accident
- Taste With Tori: Margate’s Lamberti’s Offering Scrumptious Plates And Tasty Drinks With A View
- ‘They Didn’t Have To Kill My Son’: Dozens March In Memory Of Rashaun Washington After Release Of Bodycam Footage Showing Vineland Police-Involved Shooting
- Report: Legalizing Marijuana In Pennsylvania Could Generate Over $500 Million In State Tax Revenue