PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police say a man was struck and killed by a SEPTA Regional Rail train in Crescentville.
It happened near the 5800 block of Weymouth Street.
Police say the man stepped in front of a northbound train shortly before 7 p.m. Tuesday.
They say he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Service on SEPTA’s Fox Chase Regional Rail Line resumed shortly before 11:30 p.m. following an earlier service suspension.
An investigation continues.
You may also be interested in:
- 12 Arrested In Trafficking Untraceable ‘Ghost Gun’ Assault Rifles, Drugs, New Jersey Attorney General Says
- ‘He’s Twice The Size Of Her’: Family Of Woman Punched By Chester Officer Wants Him To Be Reprimanded
- 2 Men Use Tow Truck To Steal Vehicles, Police Say
- Nafessa Williams, ‘Black Lightning’ Partnering With Boys And Girls Club Of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Police Searching For Gunman After 23-Year-Old College Graduate Fatally Shot Behind Home