TRENTON, N.J. (CBS/AP) — New Jersey Transit reports an Amtrak train in the area of the Jersey Avenue station in New Brunswick was temporarily evacuated after a suspicious package was found.
All passengers were removed from the train during the investigation.
Authorities were able to clear the package without any incident and riders were permitted back on the train.
NJ Transit says NEC service has been restored, but trains are subject to up to 60 minute delays both ways between Trenton and New York.
The initial suspension took effect around 10:40 a.m. Tuesday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Large Fight At Delaware County Carnival Leads To Arrests, Permanent Closure Of Event
- The Slingshot: Camden Police Officers Introduce New ‘Community Engagement Tool’
- Police Looking For Speeding Hit-And-Run Driver Who Killed Man On His Way To Work In Delaware County
- Officer Injured After Being Attacked By Dog In West Philadelphia, Police Say
- New Jersey Department Of Children And Families Worker Arrested On Child Pornography Charges